Pukekohe High School is looking to appoint a new Business Manager. This is a full-time role, that commences at the start of Term 2, 2020 or by negotiation. The Business Manager reports to the Principal, Richard Barnett, and is a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The Business Manager also works very closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
We are looking for someone with superior leadership skills, vision, initiative, and a commitment to consistently providing service of the highest quality to the Principal and Board. We are looking for someone who will support the school’s vision and values, and commit to the culture change that the Principal and Board are spearheading at all levels of the school. Someone who has experience working in a secondary school in New Zealand is preferred. We also seek an applicant with appropriate financial qualifications and experience to manage this important part of the school. Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential as is attention to detail. The Board wants to appoint someone who is proactive, meets reporting deadlines and provides financial reports that are accurate and contain relevant information that best supports the Principal and Board to make sound financial decisions for the school. The successful applicant must be a team player who also has excellent people skills and HR experience as they are required to oversee over 40 non-teaching staff, manage their appraisals, and oversee the police vetting of all support staff and relevant contractors.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Strategically focusing on the use of resources to the school including Ministry funding, teacher entitlement funding, capital funding and locally raised funding. A priority for your role must be the sourcing of more funding from various sources for the school.
- To manage school administration, business and finance;
- To manage the transition from MUSAC financial software to the Xero accounting system in preparation for the 2021 year.
- To provide regular reports to the Principal and the Board on the financial performance of the school;
- To prepare reports for the Principal, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board on all aspects of the financial operation of the school;
- To monitor spending and income across the school and to take active steps to keep the Principal informed and address areas of concern;
- To prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Principal, senior staff and budget holders;
- To employ support staff in consultation with the Principal, to performance manage the support staff, and to ensure annual appraisals as per the Collectives, as well as ensuring up-to-date job descriptions and personnel files, along with the police vetting of all support staff and appropriate contractors. Safety checks under the Children’s Act 2014 must also be undertaken by the Business Manager.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or resident or have a valid work visa.
- Applicants must have no criminal convictions in New Zealand or overseas and any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory Safety Check / Working With Children (WWC) Check under the Children’s Act 2014.
Application forms can be obtained from Ganga Forbes, Principal’s PA – Gforbes@pukekohehigh.sschool.nz
Applications close on: Friday 17 April 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Pukekohe High School
PO Box 306
Phone: +64+9 237 0117 Fax: +64 9 238 6084
Pukekohe High School is a decile 6 secondary school with a large and increasing roll. As a consequence of this roll growth the school is looking for teachers across most subject areas. Applications are therefore invited for the positions or combinations of the positions listed above:
Pukekohe High School offers all appointees:
Curriculum and pastoral support through the schools extensive student support network and faculty curriculum management structure The opportunity to teach in modern facilities, the result of the schools extensive redevelopment and modernization programme
The opportunity to further develop teaching knowledge and skills through individual and full staff professional development programmes with its current emphasis on effective classroom practice.
The opportunity to teach in a school that is committed to student learning needs and raising academic achievement
The opportunity to participate in and contribute to the school’s extensive co-curicula programme in sports, the performing and visual arts, and debating.
Induction and advice and guidance programmes to assist all new teachers to become established as effective teachers at Pukekohe High School.
The benefits of extensive investment in information technology and the opportunity to participate in our laptops for teachers programme
Applicants are asked to submit their application using the application form along with current cv that includes:
- Details of relevant teaching practice
- Qualifications that are relevant to the position and supported by copies of appropriate documents
- Names and contact details (email, and phone) of referees who are able to comment on your recent teaching experience
- Personal contact details