Our school is at an exciting stage in its 100 year journey as we embrace pedagogical change and significant roll growth and new physical resourcing. We have an extensive induction and mentoring programme to assist new teachers to Pukekohe High School, and an impressive co-curricular activity programme across arts and sports for you to be involved with.
Available opportunities are posted to this page as they become available (below). If there is nothing suitable now, please remember to check back soon.
We will welcome your application if you have:
- A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, culturally responsive practice and te reo Maaori
- An ability to build teacher leadership through coaching and mentoring
- A willingness to be reflective, to receive feedback, and to be open to learning
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills that foster positive relationships within the school and wider school community
- A dedication to continuous improvement
- A passion for education that is inspiring, collaborative and forward-thinking
- Experience with restorative practice and a commitment to build relationships in a way that enhances the mana of others.
Pukekohe is only 50km from Auckland City Centre and has a wealth of places to explore on its doorstep.
News & Events
The following vacancies are currently available and open for applications. Applications including CV, covering letter and completed PHS Application form can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details and job descriptions on teaching positions are available on the Education Gazette website.
- Kaihautū Māori (Head of Māori – closes 13 July)
- Relief Guidance Counsellor (on Seek.co.nz)
- Head of Careers (closes 13 July)
- Teacher of English (closes 26 July)
We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate and innovative teachers to join our pool of fabulous relievers to support our staff and students. Any subjects and levels would be welcomed. Opportunities are available for a variety of teaching periods, depending on what you are looking for.
Our relievers are well supported with clear class information through Kamar. All relivers must have current certification from the NZ Teachers Council, and agree to, and abide by, the schools values, policies and processes.
If you are interested in applying or looking for more information, we would love to hear from you. Please send any queries though to email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible.