What’s on for Term 3 2019
- Course Selection – open on KAMAR for Year 9-12 students from Monday 22 July – Friday 16 August 2019. Students will be supported through this process by Vertical Form Teachers during vertical form time. Key details will also be sent out to parents/caregivers at the start of the term.
- Year 11-13 Parent-Teacher Subject Meetings – Wednesday 31 July 2019, 2:45-7pm
This is an important opportunity to get up-to-date academic information ahead of NCEA Grading Examinations and the completion of internal assessments.
- Subject Information Evening – Tuesday 6 August 2019, 4-6pm.
Students, parents and whaanau invited to come along and talk to subject specialists, to find out more about courses for 2020.
- NCEA Grading Exams – Monday 26 August – Friday 30 August 2019.
- Cook Island Language Week – 29 July – 2 August 2019 – more details to come
- Tongan Language Week – 2-6 September 2019 – more details to come
- Maaori Langauge Week – 9-13 September 2019 – more details to come
- Understanding the Changes to NCEA Workshop – Thursday 1 August 2019, 6:30-7:30pm.
Register online at https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/understanding-the-changes-to-ncea-pukekohe-workshop-registration-64579136937
Study Skills – Starting on Monday 19 August, students will be working with Vertical Form Teachers on developing study skills to support their up-coming NCEA Grading Exams. We will revisit these skills during vertical form and in specialist subject time over the remainder of Term 3, in preparation for NCEA Exams in November.
Our values focus for Term 3 is ARAHITANGA – a concept which develops pride, honour, and leadership. Of particular interest this term will be how we exhibit this value in our learning, by being able to give and ask for help, and how we complete work to the best of our ability; and around the school and in the community by how we are active in creating a safe culture in our school.
We appreciate all of the attention our parents and whaanau give to ensuring our students are sent to school on time, wearing correct uniform, and ready to learn. As always, if there is something preventing you or your child from having a positive learning experience, we wish to hear about it so we can work together to improve the situation. Please make contact directly with the school through the main office, or with your child’s Vertical Form Teacher.
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini.
My strength is not that of a single warrior but that of many.