Loves Me Not Programme is happening on Tuesday the 6th August for all Year 12 students. The program is delivered in conjunction with the New Zealand Police and is intended to provide students with information and skills to keep themselves safe in relationships both now and in the future. The program has been running for a number of years in secondary schools and is a good opportunity for students to work closely with a Police officer who see the result of unhealthy relationships on a daily basis.
At the end of the program students will know:
- The early signs of unhealthy relationships
- That relationship abuse is about power and control
- That bystanders who take action are important in preventing relationship abuse
- What sexual consent is and whether legal consent has been given
- The people in the local community who can offer support
If you have any questions or concerns about this program, please feel free to get in touch with Sarah Hainsworth.
Head of Health